The N2820A high-sensitivity probe is engineered to make high-dynamic-range, high-sensitivity measurements to meet today’s challenging current measurement needs.
As modern battery-powered devices and integrated circuits become more green and energy efficient, there is a growing need to make high-sensitivity, low-level current measurements to ensure the current consumption of these devices is in acceptable limits.
The ultra-sensitive N2820A AC/DC current probe can support measurements from 50 uA to 5 A on Keysight oscilloscopes. The N2820A interface uses a make-before-break (MBB) connector, allowing you to quickly probe multiple locations on your DUT without having to solder or unsolder the leads.
The N2820A 2-channel current probe connects to two oscilloscope channels to provide simultaneous low- and high-gain views for wider dynamic range measurement, while the N2821A 1-channel current probe provides one user-selectable view at a time.
Use in combination with the Infiniium S-Series high definition oscilloscopes for the ultimate high-sensitivity measurement solution. Use an area-under-the-curve measurement (Charge) on Infiniium oscilloscopes where you can easily calculate the integrated current consumptions over time in Coulombs.
Industry’s highest sensitivity
- Minimum current range of 50 uA
- Maximum current range of 5 A
- Wide dynamic range of >20,000:1 or 86 dB
• 3 MHz - zoom-out channel
• 500 kHz - zoom-in channel
See the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Ideal for capturing and analyzing low level current flow in the DUT to characterize sub-circuits or measure current consumption of wireless battery-powered devices or integrated circuits
- Simultaneous high- and low- gain views of the current waveform for more precise wide dynamic range measurement
- Probe accessories included with the probe or orderable separately: interchangeable sensor heads, MBB receptacles, headers and hook-up wires.
N2820/1A High-Sensitivity Current Probes User's Guide
N2820A/21A High-Sensitivity, High Dynamic Range Current Probes - Data Sheet
Extreme Temperature Probing Solutions for Oscilloscope Measurements - Data Sheet
Evaluating High-Resolution Oscilloscopes - Application Note
How to Select the Right Current Probe - Application Note
Join the Future Today with Keysight Low-Power Consumption Test Solutions - Poster
New Probing Technology Enables High Sensitivity, Wide Dynamic Range Current Measurement