This video camera takes photos of temperatures! The UTi165k is specifically tuned to work in the 30˚C~45˚C / 86˚F~113˚ F range with 0.5˚C / 1˚ F accuracy, so it's excellent for human temperature & fever detection.
In fact, this thermal camera is often used by companies/airports/hotels/malls to do a first-pass fever check: If any person has a temperature of over 99˚F an alarm goes off so you can do a secondary check with an accurate handheld temperature meter.
You may have seen thermal 'FLIR' cameras used to find air leaks in homes, but those cameras have a very wide temperature range, so they're not as accurate in the narrow range used for fever-scanning. This camera is designed specifically for that purpose!
There's a color 2.8" 320x240 TFT screen which gives real-time temperature readings from an interpolated 160x120 thermal resolution, with hot-spot temperatures labeled. You can also set temperature ranges for alerts, F or C units, color palettes, etc. There's a built-in li-poly battery so it's fully portable. You can recharge it over USB.
We like these thermal scanners because:
- They are surprisingly accurate
- Work great at up to ~10 meter distance
- No Internet connection needed - completely standalone functionality
- Can be connected to any Windows computer for a larger display with free available software (video here)
- Can be used to capture thermal data with open-source software (in development)
- Can run on rechargeable battery for many hours or plugged in
- Works as good as "$5000 machine learning" setups at a fraction of the cost
This UTi165K version has real-time data transmission to a computer for analysis over USB. It also features three viewing modes: Thermal (infrared image), Digital (regular camera), and Fusion (a blend of the two). We also carry the UTi165H, which has only a thermal viewing mode and no USB output.
You can also capture images and measurements and transfer them to your computer via USB type C or SD Card.
- Model: UTi165K
- Sensor: Uncooled focal plane (UFPA)- Temperature range: 30˚C~45˚C
- Resolution: 0.1˚C
- Accuracy: ±0.5˚C @1m
- Minimum measuring distance: 15cm
- Optimal measuring distance: 1 meter
- Temperature measurement response time: ≤500ms (95% of reading)
- Pixel of thermal imagery: 19200 (160×120)
- Pixel dimensions: 12μm
- Swatches: Iron red, rainbow, white, black, red, lava, high-contrast rainbow
- Bandwidth of infrared spectroscopy: 8~14μm
- Field of view (FOV): 56°(H) × 42°(V)
- Instantaneous field of view (IFOV): 6mrad
- Thermal imaging sensitivity: ＜50mk
- Frame rate: ＜9Hz
- Temperature display: Center temperature measurement and high-temperature tracking (default)
- Image format: BMP
- Image modes: Thermal imagery
- Temperature measuring point: Besides central point, 3 additional temperature measuring points can be added
- Display resolution: 320×240
- USB Type-C charge and data
- Auto power off: Selectable (5min, 10min, 30min), 30min auto power off (default)
- Operating time: ≧6 hours
- Charging time: 4 hours
- Image storage: microSD card
- Power: Li-ion 3.7V/5000mAh 26650 battery
- Display: 2.8" TFT LCD
- Product size: 236mm x 75.5mm x 86mm
- Includes manual, USB Type-C cable, 16GB microSD card